Business owners know how common it is for lawsuits and legal issues to arise out of nowhere in the course of business. And, surprisingly most of these issues can be prevented by ensuring all the agreements and contracts your business has entered are legally sound.
Therefore, many business owners have started hiring business agreement lawyers to manage, draft and review all their business agreements. Here are 3 reasons why you should invest in good business agreement lawyers in Calgary.
1. Legally Sound Contracts and Agreements
If there is one thing nobody can do better than a lawyer, it is read through tedious and monotonous long pages of legal documents. And when you hire a lawyer to do exactly that for your business, the odds of you getting screwed over by a bad contract are negligible.
Not only business agreement lawyers can help you review contracts, but can also draft airtight contracts for your business. It is one thing to download a template of a contract from the internet, and another to have a contract drafted by a professional unique to your business terms. The most common business agreements that a lawyer can help you with are:
● Supplier contracts: These are agreements wherein a vendor promises to deliver all products or services promptly. The mode of delivery, the number of commodities, the payment terms, and any other elements that must be covered to protect your rights and interests will all be explained in detail in the supplier agreement by your lawyer.
●Ownership Agreements: Some examples of ownership agreements include shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, and founders agreements.
● Non-disclosure agreements: A non-disclosure agreement is intended to ensure that employers do not divulge any sensitive information about the firm, like as business plans, client data, marketing strategies, etc., to any other third party. In addition to offering advice, a business agreement lawyer can carefully draft these agreements for you.
● Employment Agreements: Having an employment contract is a wise move to set rules and specify the conditions of employment for your business.
●Agreements for Independent Contractors: Businesses hire independent contractors as temporary employees to carry out specified duties. Writers of content, web developers, and accountants are a few examples of these independent freelancers. A lawyer can help you create a contract to ensure there are no misunderstandings since they are not employees full-time.
2. Lawsuits Against Your Business
Despite the care taken, a product or service might still go wrong, leaving unhappy customers to file lawsuits. When served with a summons, a good business owner would never want to be without legal counsel. They have plenty of experience dealing with these problems.
Having a lawyer on your team means that he is already familiar with your case, which enables him to get started right away if you are facing legal action. Furthermore, a business agreement lawyer will have drafted your contracts so that you will be at a distinct advantage in the event of a legal dispute.
3. Help You With Specialised Assistance
If you require additional expert assistance, an experienced business lawyer will know who to recommend to you. When you need further aid, especially with complex tax issues or any other special assistance, a company lawyer can rapidly help you identify when you do. A business lawyer with good connections can rapidly suggest other experts who can give your company the support and direction it needs.
Make The Right Decision!
Even mistakes and misunderstandings that appear to be straightforward, unimportant, and sincere can cost business owners tens of thousands of dollars to rectify. And in many of those situations, all of those issues might have been avoided with just a brief consultation with Du Plooy Law.
They have the best business agreement lawyers in Calgary. With years of extensive experience in dealing with commercial agreements, they can help you to negotiate, examine, and draft agreements per the laws and your demands. Click here to contact them.